Seqwater is looking for a self-driven and motivated individual to join our Operations team with this Trainee Operator Supply opportunity based on Minjerribah.
- Interested in helping to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply to your community and South East Queensland?
- Want an opportunity to earn while you learn?
- Are you looking for an exciting role that will start your career in the water industry?
About the position
Seqwater is seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who want to start a career in an essential service industry.
The position of Supply Operator will be based on Minjerribah at the North Stradbroke Island Water Treatment Plant, servicing our treatment plant in the Redlands as required.
The Trainee Supply Operator assists in carrying out activities relating to the operation of the Water Treatment Plant and other water-related infrastructure. Working as part of a team, you will learn how to manage water treatment processes, inspect and calibrate online analysers, establish chemical doses and carry out laboratory testing, ensuring the highest quality of drinking water for supply to the Redlands region.
Applicants should note that due to training requirements, the first six months of this traineeship will be based at our Capalaba Water Treatment Plant in the Redlands.
There are some essential requirements for our traineeship roles including:
- An unrestricted C Class Driver’s Licence for manual vehicle
- a “can-do” attitude
- an ability to lift up to 20kg
- working outdoors
- confined space entry and working at heights
- willingness to travel within the SEQ region when required
- rostered working including working public holidays and weekends when required
- a demonstrated commitment to Work Health and Safety.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are team players and communicate well
- have an interest in science and maths
- are reliable and punctual
- have sound computer skills
- show initiative and seek resolutions to problems
- are willing to follow directions from supervisors and peers
- take care and diligence in their work
- have a genuine willingness to learn
- would be proud to be a part of an essential community service.
Trainee positions are graded in accordance with Seqwater’s EBA with a starting salary of $36,620.39, with competency-based salary increments.